Tuesday, February 22, 2022

North Macedonia - Vasil Garvanliev - Here I Stand

15 - 23 pts in semi 1
Vasil Garvanliev (Васил Гарванлиев) represents North Macedonia in Rotterdam in 2021.
The singer, also selected for 2020 confirmed this on Januari 20.
You can read more about his previous entry You here at the Rotterdam 20/20 Collection.

The song for Eurovision is written by Vasil himself and is titled Here I Stand. The release was on March 11.




Vasil already had a little taste of Eurovision as (invisible) backing singer for Tamara Todevska's Proud in 2019.

Remixes on 25-2-2022
8 Remixes of Here I Stand are released on February 25, 2022.
They are out on the Queen House Music label (QHM714) Digital only.
Some have new/additional vocal parts (incl some Spanish, French), see versions below.
remixes



From Vasil's bio:
"Vasil was born and raised in Macedonia and has been in the music world since the age of 7. Now 33 and having lived over two decades in Chicago, Milano, Toronto, & London he is finally back home and focusing on a solo career using roots from his country to share with the world.
His 25 year music journey is quite diverse - from a Child pop star, to a member and soloist for the Chicago Children's Choir, to over 50 roles as a Leading Baritone Opera singer, to back up vocals to some of the worlds greatest Artists. Whenever words fail - Vasil just sings."
(excerpt from his biography at Vasil's Facebook)

Versions
Here I Stand
- Official Rotterdam 2CD, digital single
Here I Stand - instrumental
- digital release
Here I Stand - karaoke
- on the official karaoke album (digital)
2022 Remixes:
1. Here I Stand (Tony Moran & GSP Anthem remix)
- has a part in Spanish
2. Here I Stand (Mauro Mozart remix)
- has a line in French (Ici je reste)
3. Here I Stand (Rafael Barreto remix)
4. Here I Stand (Guy Scheiman remix)
5. Here I Stand (Dani Brasil remix)
6. Here I Stand (Jace M & Toy Armada remix)
7. Here I Stand (Ale Maes remix)
8. Here I Stand (Tony Moran & Erick Ibiza New York remix)
- digital release 25-2-2022 (available in these stores)
 
2020 entry You

Links and sources
Vasil Garvanliev Facebook, all his socials at his Linktree
Here's a video of Vasil in his younger days

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eurovision 2021: The Rotterdam Reboot

Visit  La Collezione Torino  2022 Eurovision 2021. It happened. So the singers weren't facemasked, singing to us from their own kitchen ...